Sunday, December 16, 2007

Weekend of Fun!!!

So this weekend was fun and also a little stressful. We started out by dropping Matt off at my parents house to spend the night and to have some quality time with them. Then we went to my cousin Heather's house for her annual birthday party. Her husband James always creates a game with 10 rounds that have all sorts of questions and fun things to do. We were divided into three teams and we had so much fun during the game. We had pop culture questions, sports, world trivia, and of course a sing off! It was great watching people sing the song A Whole New World from the Aladdin soundtrack. Of course my team came in dead last which it does every year but who cares we had a blast! (Thanks James and Heather)
So we get home from the party and our heater stopped working. So we had a heat vent by our bed and that kept up pretty warm but when we woke up the next morning it was only 50 degrees in our house! If Matt would have been there we would have called the heating repair man that night but luckily he slept over at my parents house. So Tim spent all day trying to repair out heater and calling the repair man. I spent all day at my parents house watching Matt because there was no way I was bringing him home in a 50 degree house. You never realize how nice it is to have a heated home when you don't have it anymore. So finally in the afternoon Tim got the heating fixed and Matt and I came home. Then we had some friends over that night and we had dinner and we watched the movie Elf. That movie is hilarious! I just love Will Farrel's facial expressions! So it was a good weekend with only some mishaps.

3 comments:

Jonathan and Michelle said...

Hi Shannon, it's Michelle (Anderson) Jensen. I ran across your blog on Calvin & Whitney's and just wanted to say hi, I hope you don't mind. Your little boy is so cute and I am happy to hear that you guys are doing so well!

Mel said...

So funny Shan!! That stinks. Glad you are all warm now. Was it a nice night alone? How did you family enjoy having Matt? I am sure they loved every second!!

Englishfam said...

So glad you guys got to come to the party this year! The best was Tim tackling Carl "the bear"! Sorry that you had no heat, that must have been freezing!