Sunday, January 25, 2009

I was thinking...

So I've been thinking this week about lots of random things but one thing that has really been on my mind has been going to the temple. I've been really wanting to go to the temple this month and just feel the spirit and it seems like the days that you are planning to go things are always bad! Before we had kids we would just go on the spur of the moment because we didn't want to plan and have things go bad and not be able to go. So anyway Friday was our day to go and I was not feeling good all day.

I was having small contractions all day that were actually pretty painful. Then Tim was late getting home and right before we left Matt runs into his rocking chair in his room and has a bad bloody lip. So I'm seriously thinking in my head can I really go to the temple I am so not in the mood! But we decide we'll go anyway because when you don't want to go is when you need it the most. So we get Matt's bloody lip under control and we head out. Tim's parents were watching Matt and they live in West Valley and on a Friday night at 5:30 is not the best time to be on the road, plus you add in lots of fog, man it was kind of a scary drive.

So we finally make it to Tim's parents and then to the temple and there is no parking because it was a Stake Temple night. Its a good thing that there was so many people there but I was just so tired by that point it was just one more thing. So we finally made it into the temple and I'm so glad that we were able to do an endowment session. I felt the spirit so strong and even though I could barley fit into my dress and physically it was hard to sit there it was such a great night.
We were suppose to pick Matt up afterwards but we didn't get out of our session until 10:45pm and the fog had gotten worse so he ended up spending the night at his Grandparents house. So we went to Village Inn for some dinner since I was starving and it was just so nice to be able to be with Tim with no interruptions and just hang out, talk, and laugh together!

Thank you Ron and Rhonda for watching Matt I needed a break and it was nice to be with Tim! Anyway after we got home from our outing I was thinking of how hard it is sometimes to do things that we know we should be doing in our lives. Satan throws all sorts of obstacles our way to make us not want to do those thing we should be doing, but if we do things we want/should be doing we will feel so good afterwards! Anyway it was just something I was thinking about this week I hope the 2 people who read this blog will enjoy it! Until next time...

6 comments:

Pam And Scott said...

You are amazing Sister Adams and I believe you touch more than the 2 people that respond to your blog.

Hoggards said...

I totally agree with you! It's our goal this year to go every month! Satan is very aware when you plan to go to the temple and like you just shared, will get you to give in and not go! You're awesome for going! It's amazing the peace you can find there in such a busy/crazy world!

Matt & April Herman said...

Isn't the temple amazing! It does seem like if you plan it, something always gose wrong. Weird. Anyway, Thank you for your testimony, it is inspiring:) Hope you are feeling better:)

The Meredith's said...

Shannon, Amen! Brandon and I were supposed to go two saturdays ago and right before brandon came up to meet me. Brandon realized that his temple recomend had just expired. It always seems that everytime we try and go. It is a huge ordeal and something always goes wrong. But man when you finally get there. It is an amazing experience.

Haslams said...

You're so funny, more than two people read it!! :P

Thanks for the reminder. Good thoughts.

Cody and Sarah Branin said...

Thanks. I try!