Monday, September 15, 2008

Dr's Appointment

So I went to my first doctor's appointment today and it went really good. I have a new doctor so just that fact makes me very happy. I talked to him about what happened with Matt and that I was scared and he was very nice and totally supportive. He just gave me some different options and the pros and cons of each option and he told me to just think about if I want to do the labor thing again or do a c-section. Honestly right now I'm really not sure, I really need to think and pray about it. I would love to do a regular birth because I've never done it all by myself and I know that the after birth won't be as bad. If I got a c-section I won't have to worry as much but the after birth is really hard I heard. So I'm really not sure what I'm going to do but I have like another 6 1/2 months to think about it. Other than that he took an ultrasound of the baby and I have to admit the baby already looks cute! It looks like a little chicken nugget so I think until I know what the sex of the baby is I'm just going to call it nugget. But I'm in good health and he said that everything looks great!

5 comments:

Mel said...

I am glad that your appt. went well Shannon! I think if you have a really good doctor that you trust you could do it Vaginally again if you wanted to, but bottom line if you don't feel comfortable than do whatever feels right to you. You will know. I am excited to find out what gender the baby nugget is :)

Haslams said...

Hey! We had appointments on the same day and got the same good news it sounds like! A nugget huh? I like it! I'm glad to hear things are going well and hope you are feeling okay too!

Hoggards said...

So, what do they say your due date will be? I'm super glad that you are liking your doctor. It's amazing what a difference that makes!

Beckstead Gang said...

I had the same BIG decision as you do- so just take your time, and pray! Dont let fear make your decision. :) Our Doctors are GREAT.... they know what they are doing. :) Who did you see anyway?

The Long Family said...

I am glad everything went well! It sounds like you have a good doctor! GOod luck with everything!