Sunday, September 21, 2008

Matt's 2nd Birthday!

This post is dedicated to Matt for his 2nd birthday! I just wanted to post some pictures of Matt over the last 2 years and how far he's come. The beginning as many of you know was so scary and we consider Matt our little miracle boy. This was the first time I got to see Matt in the hospital before they took him by life flight up to Primary Children's. He was covered in wires and I wasn't quite sure where to touch him so I just held his hand. I was so scared and I didn't know what would really happen with him.
This is Matt in the NICU at Primary Children's and Tim decided to bring a 9 month shirt in to the hospital for him to wear. It was a little to big but the "built tough" principle was great for Matt.
This is Matt on his blessing day. I love his blessing outfit. Tim also dressed the exact same way. They were my little twins that day.
This is just a fun picture of Matt. He loves playing around and having fun.
This was Matt on his first birthday eating cake. He got it all over himself it was sure fun to clean up.
For Matt's 2nd birthday this year we decided to go to the kid barn in Draper. They have all this big bouncy toys and the kids and Tim and our brother in law Tony had fun on them. This is Matt and Tim playing in one of the bounce houses.
Matt loves slides and they had 3 big slides that they could go down. He had so much fun!
This is a picture of Tony, Tim, Carter, Matt, and Ashlynn on the top of the biggest slide. It took the men a long time to get all the kids up there.
After the kid barn we came back to our house for a BBQ. Then Matt opened up his gifts. He has so many great people in his life who love him so much and we are so thankful for everyone.
This is Matt blowing out his candle. He was good a blowing but he didn't have quite enough power so I helped him out. I am truly thankful that Matt is in my life I don't know what I would do without him. I know that he is a miracle and a gift from our heavenly father to Tim and I. Its so interesting when you think about gifts that our heavenly father gives us and why some people get a miracle like Matt and other's don't. I really struggled with this after Matt was born I just kept feeling guilty. Finally I came to the conclusion that heavenly father knows us all and that he truly has a plan. I know that I've learned so much from Matt and from him being a part of our family but I also know that I would learn just as much if things would have turned out differently. Our heavenly father knows what we can handle and what we can't. Anyway I love you Matt and I hope you had a great day!

4 comments:

Haslams said...

I liked the two years in review! What a cutie, and it looks like he had a great birthday!

NMBW said...

He really is such a cute kid! I'm so happy that he's here to play and love us all. Happy birthday Matt!

Matt & April Herman said...

Thank you Shannon. That was exactly what I needed to hear today. It was my Due date today and I was feeling really sad. Thank you for your sweet thoughts. Matt is such an adorable boy, remember how blessed you are to have him. I don't know what I would do if i didn't have Bailey. Love you:) Tell Matt Happy Birthday:)

Englishfam said...

That first picture of you is so SAD! I remember that day very well and I was and am so proud of you for how well you have handled things. You and Tim are both amazing. Matt is so hilarious and such a fun, adorable little boy. I feel blessed to have him around me too! Happy Birthday Matt! We love you!