Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Update!

So lots of stuff has been going on in our house lately. I've had some doctors appointments with my OB and also Matt had his two year check up. My OB doctor visit went great and he heard the babies heartbeat right away which is the best sign in the world. Its so hard when the baby is so little and you can't feel them move yet you are never sure if they are really okay. But the baby seems to be okay and I'm finally starting to feel better. I am about 14 weeks along right now and I'll probably go to Fetal Foto in the next two weeks because I pretty much can't handle not knowing what I'm having. Matt is doing so good as well. I took him to the doctor and I had to fill out this questionnaire and he is doing everything he's suppose to be doing and in most areas he's advanced. I was always so nervous when it came to his gross motor skills because that was where he had all the brain damage and the doctors really thought he would have major problems and I just look at him running around and jumping off the couch and I'm just so grateful for him and for all the many things he's able to do. He is such a great boy and such a joy in my life, I don't know what I would do without him.
My little sister Sarah also had some good news happen to her last week. She got engaged to her boyfriend of 2 years Cody Branin and she is very excited. She wanted to have the wedding in April but since I'm due in April she was nice enough to change it to March when I'll be 8 months pregnant instead! I don't care I'll just be huge and that's okay! But we are happy for her as long as she's happy!
Tim has been working like a mad man and its been paying off. His company is doing so well and we are so grateful especially with the economy like it is. He is such an amazing man and I'm so blessed to have him a part of my life. He is a great husband and such a good dad to Matt. Man what would I do without him?
As for me well I'm pretty much just pregnant and forgetting everything. Okay if I tell this story I don't want to hear crap from people because I feel pretty stupid about it. So last week I was soaking one of Matt's shirts and I left the laundry room and I guess I forgot to turn off the water. So about an hour or so later I go to the basement and its totally flooded! I couldn't think of where it was coming from until I ran upstairs and looked in the laundry room and saw the sink. I felt so stupid. Seriously what's my problem? But Tim was so great and he just bought a wet vac and he cleaned up the entire basement for me. I tell you if I can get through this pregnancy without burning our house down that will be amazing!
One other thing we've been doing is Tim bought us a pass to the Legacy Center and we've been going swimming and working out. Matt loves swimming and he pretty much wants to go everyday now. It gives us something to do and its good for our bodies.
So these are a few of the things are little family has been up to, thanks for sticking with me through this, until next time....

3 comments:

Hoggards said...

Good to hear that all is well with your baby and you. And I totally know what it's like to have a 'mommy brain'. Serious, don't all moms??? But aren't you lucky to have such a great hubby to look past those mommy brain moments??? :)

Jackie Sullivan said...

What would I do without my Shannon stories! Man I love you! Congrats to Sarah!

Matt & April Herman said...

Yeah for Sarah! That is so great:) I miss you tons, Shannon! I am so glad all is going great in your pregnancy. I totally wish i could be there to watch your little belly grow:) Oh, Shannon, we all know that you didn't have to be prego to have a brain laps:):) hehehe:) Love you!