Monday, November 17, 2008

Orlando Baby!

So this weekend we went to Orlando Fl. for a business trip that Tim had to make for his company. So I decided that I wanted to join him and just have a fun 3 day weekend with my hubby! We left at 10am on Friday morning to Denver and ended up being stuck there for over 3 hours because they had to get a new plane for us. It was actually kind of fun to not have anything to do. We just walked around and looked at all the shops, ate lots of food, and read. It was just nice being with Tim. So finally are plane gets there almost 3 hours late and we were on our way to Orlando. I did throw up on that flight because we hit horrible turbulence so that was lots of fun! By the time we got to Orlando it was about 9pm and I was starving! I ordered a huge pizza in the room and ate like 4 pieces! We also watched a movie and then we went to bed.
I didn't get up the next morning until 9:30 because I was so tired from the day before and by that time Tim was at his conference. So he met me for lunch at noon and then he was at the conference for the rest of the day. So I was trying to decide what to do so I decided to go shopping. We rented a little PT cruiser (which I would not recommend to buy) and I went looking for places to go shopping. All I could find were little strip malls with policemen at every single one of them. Those policemen made me feel really safe! I ended up just going to Payless Shoes, Radio Shack, and Walgreens. Pretty exciting I know! I had only been out for like 2 hours and I was totally done so I went back to the hotel and just read my book until Tim got back. After Tim got back we went out to dinner and he wanted to go "shopping" so I took him to a couple of places and then we went back to to hotel and just hung out.
On Sunday Tim went to the Conference in the morning but we had to be out of the hotel by noon so I was wondering what I was going to do until our flight left at 6:30 that night. So Tim ditched out of the rest of the conference and we got some food and decided to go to the airport early to see if we could get an earlier flight out. No such luck, so here we were again at the airport and we had 4 hours to kill! By the time we got on our flight I was seriously not feeling good. We were only going to Atlanta which was an hour away so I thought I would be fine, but I was very wrong! (Caution there is a bad throw up story, continue at your own risk)
So as we were descending into Atlanta I started getting really sick, so I tell Tim and he's looking all over for a bag for me. He can't find a bag anywhere and he's asking everyone around us and of course by that time its already coming up so I grab my sweater off the ground and just totally puke in it. Of course the sweater has little holes all in it so its dripping all down my legs and all over my shirt. By this time we've landed and I'm sure everyone could smell it and they just wanted to get off the plane. I'm crying because I feel awful and I smell like puke! So Tim gets me a big bag to put my sweater in and we get off the plane and I look at Tim and I was like "I'm getting a new outfit, I'm not flying another 4 hours in puke clothes"! We only had like 40 mins until our flight left so I was in a big hurry to find something. Finally all I could find that had pants was a Puma store. The pants were $50 dollars but I could have cared less. I got new pants and a new sweater because lets face it that sweater had no chance. So I was all clean I felt good and on our next flight I didn't get sick (probably because I had no food in my stomach). So I'm trying to look for the good in the story and I found a couple of things: I got some new clothes, I got a good laugh afterwards, and I learned what not to do before I fly. So there is are adventure in Orlando. I hope you enjoyed my wonderful story I know I'll laugh about it more in a couple of days!

4 comments:

Hoggards said...

That is awful! I'm sorry! To be honest with you...I've flown a couple times being pregnant and it totally makes me sick...especially on the landings! Good to know that you can buy clothes at an airport - just in case that ever happens to me! Oh, and how nice for you to have a nice weekend away with your hubby!

Beckstead Gang said...

Okay, that totally sucks! Im sorry you had such a bad experience. Do you think it was because of being pregnant, or just flying? Other than that, I hope you had a fun weekend.

Mel said...

That is a horrible story! I think I would have done the same thing. I am sure you are not up for flying anytime soon. Was the trip worth it?

Matt & April Herman said...

Oh My Gosh! That is so sad:( If it makes you feel any better, I have puked on a plan twice before, once when i was prego with Bailey and once just because:) I feel your pain:) So that is nice you got away just with Tim, Matt nad i haven't had a weekend alone since Bailey came:) We have had a night before though when we shipped her off to Grandma's or Matt's sister:) I hope you are feeling better. Talk to you soon:)