Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July Fun!!!


So we had a great 4th of July this year. We had so much fun with our families, it couldn't have been better! These pictures our out of order for some reason so I'll try to explain them all to you the best that I can! This is Matt and I swimming in the pool at my parents neighbors house. He got so tired because he hadn't taken a nap that he wanted to lay on the kick board! How cute!!! This is Tim and I at the "Parking lot of Fire". My family starting this tradition about 15 years ago and its still going strong. We do our fireworks in the church parking lot next door to my parents house and there is about 100-200 people who show up every year. This year was no exception. We have all kind of fireworks and of course illegal one's as well. The show lasted about an hour and it was so fun!
This is Tim my pyro husband having fun setting off fireworks!
This was the grand finale they did this year. They had three ladders and they put boards going to each ladder. They then put all the big fireworks on each board and lit them all at the same time. There was 6 guys doing this and let me tell you it was kind of scary! They were all running away getting the fire out of their hair! But in the end it was a great show and no one got hurt!
This is just a picture of Matt with his sunglasses on upside down!
We started off the day up at Tim's parents house and it was so funny because all of the kids showed up in the same shirt and we hadn't planned it at all. This is a picture of Matt and his cousin Ashlynn playing in the backyard. We also celebrated Tim's mom's 50th birthday and his Grandma's birthday as well. They are two wonderful women and I'm so happy that they are a part of my life as well as Matt's life.
This is Matt and his cousin Carter playing on the fridge with the magnets, they were getting ready to swim.
Here is the three kids having so much fun in the pool together. The water was a little cold but they had fun being together. Here is Matt getting wet in the pool by his Uncle Mark. I thought this picture was so funny!
This is Matt and my dad swimming in the pool. This was the only smiling picture I got of him later because he was so tired!

5 comments:

Englishfam said...

That picture of your dad and Matt is so cute! Little twinners. I was also laughing my head off at the shirt Tim is wearing. I totally forgot he bought that! haha Surrender the Booty! Glad you guys had a fun 4th. We need to go to the "Parking Lot of Fire" next year! It looks like fun!

Jackie Sullivan said...

I'm so sad I missed the "Parking Lot of Fire"! I forgot abotu it! I'll have to remember next year for sure!

Jonathan and Michelle said...

Sounds like a great holiday for you guys! I had no idea about the "Parking Lot of Fire" how fun for everyone to get together like that.

The Long Family said...

I love the picture with matt and his sunglasses upside down. He is so cute Shannon!! Looks like you guys had a great time! I am glad you guys are enjoying your summer!

team wilson said...

So, the picture where Matt is getting splashed by Mark is kind of sad, but hilarious at the same time. Poor kid, getting picked on by his uncle. I guess Matt was doing it to himself too a lot of the time, so he must have enjoyed it. He's so cute. We love him!!!