Sunday, July 27, 2008

California Trip

Our little family just got back from California yesterday at about 5:00pm so we are still trying to get back into our daily life. We went to California with my family which included my mom, dad, Sarah, her boyfriend Cody, and Reynolds. We stopped in Las Vegas and stayed with my Uncle Kerry and his family for 3 days and we had so much fun with them. My uncle took us out boating and I loved going on the tube. I was pretty good but I did get whipped off a couple of times. Matt loved the boat as well. He just loves being outside and he really likes boats as well. We were on the boat for about 5-6 hours and he was great he entire time.
I did find out some bad news right before we got to my Uncle Kerry's house and it made it really hard for me to enjoy myself during our entire trip. One of my best friends Melissa's mom died last Friday and I was so shocked and I felt so bad for her and her family. I've known her mom since I was 12 and she is such an amazing incredible person. She was always so fun to go and talk to because it was like she understood what we were going through and she could relate with us. I know that I loved talking to her about boys, and friends, or whatever was going on in my life. I just wanted to let Melissa know that I will truly miss her mom.
We left Vegas for California on Monday morning and arrived at Newport beach about 3:00. We ended up swimming that night and just relaxing together. The next day we went to the beach and I wasn't sure if Matt would like it or not but he ended up really liking it. He loved the sand and he liked playing in the water but it was kind of cold and he didn't like that very much. After the beach all of the kids went and saw "The Dark Knight". I have to admit that was a pretty good show. Heath Ledger did freak me out but he did a great job playing the joker. I would recommend that movie to whoever wants to have fun and be totally entertained. On Wednesday we ended up going to Laguna and shopping at all the little shops everywhere. It was nice to just be out and have fun shopping because as girls lets face it we pretty much all like doing that. On Thursday it was our last chance to go to the beach and I swear I almost drowned it was scary. The waves were huge and I kept getting caught underneath and I was so scared by the third wave that hit me. I ran out and I was shaking. But I am okay so no worries. Then we went shopping again and we watched a movie. Every night after we would get back we would play games and just have fun being together. On Friday we drove back to Vegas and stayed the night and then drove home yesterday.
It was very nice getting away for awhile and I want to thank my parents for planning the trip and for just being great amazing parents.
For those of you who don't know we will be moving back to Lehi probably the entire month of August. We have been praying and fasting for several months now and we just feel like its a good place for our family. We really like Draper but I am having major pain in my hip and all the stairs in our house is making it worse. So we are going to buy a rambler so its all on one level and I'm pretty excited but sad at the same time. That's pretty much what I'm going to be doing the entire month of August so if you don't hear from me much you'll know why. Oh and we're going to rent out our house in Draper. I'll update if anything happens. Until next time....

5 comments:

Jackie Sullivan said...

Sounds like a fun trip! It's always nice to get away and play. I'm so excited about your new house and I can't wait to come see it!

Mel said...

Glad you had a fun trip! Sorry about your friends mom, and good luck moving, Can I help you?

team wilson said...

Shan-
Sounds like a good trip. I'm glad you guys had fun. I'm so sorry to hear that that was your friend. I remember seeing that story on the news and feeling so bad. I will be keeping them in my prayers. What an awful situation to have to go through.

Let me know how we can help you guys with moving.

love ya!!

Matt & April Herman said...

Fun! I love California and Las Vegas. I miss Uncle Kerry and Aunt Jean:( Maybe we should plan a trip to Vegas and visit them:) I am sosorry about your friends mom. That is awful. I am guessing it was sudden? Death is so hard. I hope you are doing ok. Have fun moving, i am know you are so excited. I wish i would have gotten to see your new house while i was there. next time, right:):) Talk to you later sweetie:)

Brittney said...

I had no idea you were moving! I'm sorry your hip's been bothering you... So you've found a house already? Good luck! We'll miss you! =)