Saturday, June 7, 2008

Surgery Time :(

So I had surgery this week, good times. I had surgery on my right ear. They were replacing a bone that was missing so that I can hear better. I didn't know that we had three tiny bones in our ears and when we don't have them all you can't hear very well. I had this surgery about 3 years ago but my body rejected the bone so they went back in to see if it might work again. The good thing about this surgery is that I haven't thrown up once! I usually throw up for days because going under makes me so sick. But the doctor really listened to me and helped me to not be sick so I really appreciate that. I'm trying not to take a high dose of medication because it makes me feel loopy and since I have to watch Matt on Monday I figured I should get it out of my system now. I am so thankful to people who have helped during this week especially my family and Tim's family for watching Matt. I have had many other family and friends offer to take Matt as well and I'm so thankful that I have such wonderful people that I can come to if I need help. You might be getting a call this week you never know :) I am so thankful for Tim and for all he's done for me since Wednesday. He has given me every meal, every time I needed anything he was right there to help me and he's been such a support to me, thank you honey I love you! So hopefully my next blog will be upbeat and happy and I'll have something fun to talk about! Until then....

3 comments:

Englishfam said...

Shanny!
I hope you are feeling better. What a bummer to have to get surgery again on the same thing! Oh well, hopefully you will be able to hear better again. Really, call me this week if you need me to take Matt. I would LOVE to! He is so adorable and he would have a blast with my boys. Maybe I will have to call you and figure out a day...

Jonathan and Michelle said...

I hope that you recover quickly and that the surgery is successful this time.

Hoggards said...

Goodness girl, you have a ton going on medical-wise. That's hard with a child! I hope that you're feeling better. I'd love to help you too if you need anything. I'm just in Lehi. Let me know!